Their Eyes Were Watching God, Zora Neale Hurston
HURRICANE FLORENCE RESOURCES
Lower Ed: The Troubling Rise of For-Profit Colleges in the New Economy, Tressie McMillan Cottom
Entertaining Beliefs in Economic Mobility, Eunji Kim
- Americanah, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Michael Twitty on culinary justice
- GOPers Are Bringing Back Post-Reconstruction-Era Voting In N.C.
- "What to the Slave is the Fourth of July?" Frederick Douglass, as read by James Earl Jones
- The Souls of Black Folk, W.E.B. DuBois
- Black-ish (TV)
- A Different World (TV)
- Living Single (TV)
- What Trans Folks Think About Trans Representation in Film and TV
- Victims or Villains: Examining Ten Years of Transgender Images on Television
- The Merry Spinster: Tales of Everyday Horror, Daniel Mallory Ortberg
- Still Processing
- Looking for Leroy, Mark Anthony Neal
- Trump promised to be LGBTQ-friendly. His first year in office proved it was a giant con.
- Stopping Americans for speaking Spanish: the latest evidence that Border Patrol agents have too much power
- “Kill the Indian, and Save the Man” - speech by Capt. Richard Pratt
- When Affirmative Action Was White: An Untold History of Racial Inequality in 20th Century America, Ira Katznelson
- What We Get Wrong About Closing The Racial Wealth Gap, William Darity Jr., Darrick Hamilton, Mark Paul, Alan Aja, Anne Price, Antonio Moore, and Caterina Chiopris
- "The Story of O.J."
- Commentary: My $200,000 Debt Should Not Disqualify Me For Governor of Georgia
- Enlightened Sexism, Susan J. Douglas
- The Anger of the White Male Lie
- The Effects of #MeToo on Film's Violent Male Gaze
- Today is #EqualPayDay. Here's what that means for women.
- Five Ways to Win an Argument about the Gender Wage Gap
- Wealth Inequality and Asset Depletion among Single Early Baby Boomers: Differences by Gender, Race/Ethnicity and Home Ownership in Retirement Readiness
- What is the gender pay gap and is it real?
- The National Partnership for Women & Families
Love and Basketball (movie)
Cheated: The UNC Scandal, the Education of Athletes, and the Future of Big-Time College Sports, Jay M. Smith and Mary Willingham
- The Faces of the NRA
- Conservatives are losing the culture war over guns
- The Black Panthers: Vanguard of the Revolution
- Men are responsible for mass shootings - how toxic masculinity is killing us
- Black Teens Have Been Fighting for Gun Reform for Years
- More Perfect: The Gun Show
- Professor Kristin Goss on 20 years of the gun control movement